All businesses are based on the foundations of certain background processes which keep running the very soul of the organisation. It is essential for a machine to run that all its parts do exactly what they are meant to be doing. Operations are one of the most important verticals in any business and an MBA in operations is essential to teach professionals about its importance.
Everything around us operates on a precise mechanism that stems from something behind the curtains. The business world is quite similar- Operations constitutes the quality control, cost management strategies and the entire overlooking of the logistics of the various stages of bringing a product or service to life. An MBA in operations is essential to teach and nurture these skills.
The final goal of operations is to maximise efficiency and the productive output of a company only to deliver the final performance. To understand how to manage every day as well as the big-picture processes that constitute the frames of a company, and also an entire thread of work involved in the production of goods and services is what an MBA in operations teaches an individual.
Operations are one of the most important aspects of business and it’s important to have good training in the same. Someone who graduated from a good college like ADTU or the popular IIMs would be highly skilled and detail-oriented, will love multitasking and the rewards of running a company on paper and in practice.
Picking up the right institute with a diverse MBA in operations course becomes really important for an ideal kickstart to the career. Colleges like the ADTU provide extensive training in not only theoretical concepts and ideas but hands-on and practical aspects too.
Skills you can learn
An MBA in operations makes you eligible to work far and wide across all industries as operations constitute any form of running processes in almost all corporate setups, be it a bank or a small shop. Some key skills propel an individual’s career into the stratosphere. Along with higher pay, the specialisation develops some of the skills that are listed below:
- Detailed insights into logistics
- Managerial economics
- International business management
- Business policy
- Strategic management
- Optimisation of resources
- Business analytics
Job opportunities after and MBA in Operations
Opportunities for a plethora of job offers in big organizations from multiple sectors across the globe are at your footsteps if you have cracked the right code to understand and develop relevant skills for the industry. There are lots of placement opportunities for operations managers in the consultancy sector as well. Colleges like ADTU do not only develop theoretical skills but necessary practical tools as well. Some of the opportunities which you can expect to be introduced to are:
- Operations Manager
- Plant Manager
- General Manager
- Logistics Manager
- Supply Chain Program Manager
- Inventory Control Manager
After graduation with an MBA in Operations, different job prospects come to the table and the enablers of that are colleges like ADTU and IIMs which provide extensive hands-on and practical training which is of utmost importance for this field.
Top colleges to consider
A good college provides a good balance for the students in all the spheres, enhancing MBA in operations management’s scope and further creating internship and job opportunities that enhance a student’s career graph. The top 3 colleges for studying the course are:
- NARSEE MONJEE INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT STUDIES, MUMBAI – The institute is known for its prestigious placement cell which is very well connected. Located in Mumbai, an MBA in Operations is one of the most popular courses. Moreover, the institute brags a magnificent campus life with well-furnished classrooms. The institute has a detailed course structure that promises to propel the growth of not only theoretical but also practical skills.
- SP JAIN INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT STUDIES: One of the best business schools in India, the college was listed on number 18 by NIRF Management ranking in 2020. It is one of the best colleges in terms of staff and has a great placement record. The emphasis on quality is a plus point and it facilitates a space to experiment and develop a practical outlook on operations management. It hosts big MNCs for placements and boasts a placement percentage of 95%
- ADTU: Located in Assam, the institute is one of the best for an MBA in operations. It has one of the best placement cells and has a great record with various MNCs visiting the campus. The alumni network is also one of the top factors which contribute to the plus points of this college. ADTU must be on your dream list